The Ontology Based Database is an information system designed to store, access, query, analyze and present annotations created with ontologies. Designed initially with an eye toward genotype-phenotype annotation associations, this generic database can accommodate all types of data annotations.
- correct use of ontologies in reporting information, answering queries and performing analyses.
- biologically meaningful queries based on information content of ontology classes
- RESTful web-services layer
- Java API
- Complex query objects
- Portable and configurable
- kb.phenoscape.org -- the Phenoscape Knowledge base is powered by OBD infrastructure
- Neurodegenerative Phenotype Knowledge Base (PKB) -- PKB is using an experimental new version of the OBD system
For more information, please see the Wiki